What This Product Does
TP-LINK’s TD-W8970 300Mbps Wireless N Gigabit ADSL2+ Modem Router is an incredibly robust all-in-one device allowing users to access high-speed internet connections and share them wirelessly at blazing 300Mbps wireless speeds or by using one of its 4 Gigabit LAN ports. With one multifunction USB port, users can share printers locally and share files & media across the local network or the Internet. What’s more, this All-in-one device allows for three different connection types: ADSL, Ethernet WAN or 3G/4G connection through a USB attached dongle, giving users the flexibility to access the Internet whichever method is most convenient.
Full Gigabit Ports – More Power to You
With 300Mbps 802.11n wireless and 4 Gigabit LAN ports, the TD-W8970 is the ideal choice for bandwidth heavy users that rely on speedy, reliable connections for bandwidth intensive work or entertainment such as lag-free conference calls, HD video streaming or online gaming.
Multifunctional USB Port
Using the TD-W8970’s multi-functional USB 2.0 port, users can share printers, files and media either throughout the network at home with several different computers or even away, using the device’s FTP server functions so that you never have to part with your files. Moreover, users can share their 3G/4G Internet connection by inserting a 3G/4G modem into the router’s USB port.
Interchangeable LAN/WAN Port – Versatile Connectivity
The TD-W8970 supports ADSL, Ethernet WAN connections (EWAN), or 3G/4G connections that allow users to have the flexibility of different Internet connections among ADSL, cable or fiber modem using its interchangeable LAN/WAN port, or 3G/4G attached dongle using its functional USB port. This unique feature makes it easier when users need to change to fiber or cable services when necessary.
The ability to support up to 10 IPsec VPN tunnels simultaneously gives TD-W8970 users the flexibility to setup a virtual private network, to guarantee network security and take advantage of network access whether at home or away, for work or simply to access files from their local networks.
IP QoS – Efficient Bandwidth Control
IP QoS allows network administrators to allot a specific amount of available bandwidth to each network connected device simply by identifying it by its IP address, ensuring that those devices with critical tasks always have enough bandwidth and preventing any one device from hoarding bandwidth from the rest of the users on the network.
This device supports IPv6, which is foundational to the next generation Internet and enables a range of new services and improved user experiences.
- All-in-One Device: ADSL2+ Modem, NAT Router, 4-Port Switch and Wireless N Access Point
- All Gigabit ports ensure ultimate transfer speeds
- Wireless N speed up to 300Mbps makes it ideal for heavy bandwidth consuming or interruption sensitive applications
- One USB 2.0 port supports Storage Sharing (Samba or FTP), Media Server, Print Server, 3G/4G Modem and multi accounts
- Ethernet WAN (EWAN) offers another broadband connectivity option for connecting to Cable, VDSL or Fiber modems
- Guest Network Access provides secure Wi-Fi access for guests sharing your home or office network
- Parental Control allows parents or administrators to establish restricted access policies for children or staff
- IPv6 supported, meeting the demands for the next generation Internet
- IP based Bandwidth Control makes it easier for you to manage the bandwidth of devices that connected to the modem router
- Wi-Fi On/Off Button allows users to simply turn their wireless radio on or off
- Easy one-touch WPA wireless security encryption with the WPS button
- Easy Setup Assistant with multi-language support provides a quick & hassle free installation
- SPI and NAT firewall protects end-user devices from potential attacks from the Internet
- WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK encryptions provide user networks with active defense against security threats
- Interface Grouping binds specific LAN ports with PVCs for an enjoyable IPTV experience
- Annex M doubles the upstream data rate
- Auto-reconnect keeps user online indefinitely
- Backward compatible with 802.11b/g products